I'm A Celebrity scraps live broadcast as Storm Arwen nears – Sky News

On Friday, the Met Office issued a rare red weather warning over Storm Arwen.
News reporter @Amarjournalist_
Saturday 27 November 2021 08:06, UK
ITV has scrapped plans for a live broadcast of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! tonight due to the severe weather forecast from Storm Arwen.
Presenters Ant and Dec were due to broadcast live from Gwrych Castle in North Wales tonight but instead will pre-record segments that will be played later.
ITV said this is part of “precautionary measures” being put in place.
⚠️⚠️⚠️ Rare Red weather warning issued ⚠️⚠️⚠️#StormArwen will bring a spell of very strong winds to parts of northeast Scotland and northeast England

Friday 1500 – Saturday 0200
Latest info 👉 https://t.co/QwDLMfRBfs

Stay #WeatherAware⚠️ #Redwarning pic.twitter.com/BhX3J6bT85
A statement said: “Ant & Dec will record their links early evening and these will be played out during tonight’s show.
“Our celebrities will remain inside the castle, which is secure, and we have contingencies in place to cover all weather scenarios to ensure the safety of our cast and crew.”
On Friday, the Met Office issued a rare red “danger to life” weather warning, with gusts of wind in excess of 80mph forecast.
The storm is expected to hit the eastern shores of Scotland and northern England from 3pm on Friday and could destroy homes and buildings, disrupt travel, and bring down power lines.
Energy networks boss partly blames ‘wind direction’ after thousands cut off by storm
Storm Arwen: Far too little has happened for powerless homes across the North
UK weather: 1,600 homes still without power after 10 days as Storm Barra threatens further disruption
The alert also warns people of the potential of “roads, bridges, and railway lines closed, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights” and of “large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and homes”.
This year’s I’m a Celeb series has already been disrupted after TV presenter Richard Madeley was forced to withdraw after breaking the show’s COVID bubble.
The 65-year-old was taken to hospital in the early hours of Thursday morning after falling ill and had to pull out because of the visit.
Normally held in Australia, the show was moved to North Wales last year due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.
Subscribe to the Backstage podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Spreaker
© 2021 Sky UK

source

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here