Bernard Tomic films cringeworthy comeback video after vowing to crack the world's top 10 – Daily Mail

By Sam McPhee For Daily Mail Australia
|

28
View
comments

Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic has shared a cringeworthy comeback video  shadowboxing into the camera while vowing to prove his critics wrong.
Tomic, 29, posted the clip to his new Instagram account on Sunday reading a series of clichés over the top of a montage of him training.
Currently ranked 254 in the world, Tomic is looking to best his highest ranking of 17 and said he’s ‘ready’ to take on the challenge.
‘I’ve had a lot of hate in my life but I can’t give up. You don’t think I see the hate comments? It hurts,’ he says in the video.
‘In the past I used to let it get to me and react out of stupidity, but now I’m using it as fuel.’
Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic posted a cringeworthy comeback video saying he is using the ‘hate’ he receives as fuel and is targetting a top 10 ranking 
Tomic, 29, posted the clip to his Instagram account on Sunday reading a series of cliches over the top of a montage of him training
The 30-second video shows Tomic in a series of different workouts, likening himself to a prize fighter as he walks in wearing boxing gloves with a towel around his neck.
The 29-year-old then starts shadow boxing as shots of him on exercise equipment spliced in.
‘I’m back, I am. I’m hungry and I’m ready. No one can stop me now except me,’ he says. 
‘I’m training, I’m sweating, I’m pushing. I’m fired up. Whatever it takes to get to the top.  
‘I’ve comeback before and it’s time to set the record straight.’
The 30-second video shows Tomic in a series of different workouts, likening himself to a prize fighter as he walks in wearing boxing gloves with a towel around his neck
The 29-year-old then starts shadow boxing as shots of him on exercise equipment spliced in
Last week Tomic  opened up on his biggest regrets in the sport while admitting he has one last chance to make a comeback. 
He shared his biggest regrets from gloating about his millions of dollars, claiming he was ‘bored’ by the sport, and infamously holding his tennis racket backwards during one of his matches.
‘I’m going to try and turn this around and give myself the best chance in the next couple of years,’ he told Courier Mail.
Tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic has opened up on his biggest regrets in the sport while admitting he has one last chance to make a comeback (pictured, Tomic with former partner Vanessa Sierra)
The 29-year-old intends to climb back to the top spot after falling to number 254 in the world rankings
‘I’ve got one more chance at this. I’ll try and do it for myself.’ 
Tomic wishes he could turn back the clock and redo the moment he gloated about his millions of dollars after crashing out of the 2018 Australian Open qualifiers.
He was particularly blunt to reporters after losing to unknown Italian player Lorenzo Sonego, who was ranked 281th in the world. 
‘I just count money, that’s all I do. I count my millions,’ he said. ‘You go do what I did (on court). Bye bye.’
It was not the first time Tomic had boasted about his wealth after he tried to shrug off his loss at Wimbledon in 2017.  
‘You probably don’t like me but, at only 24, you guys can only dream about having what I have,’ he told reporters.
‘End of the day, don’t like me or whatever. Just go back dreaming about your dream car or house while I go buy them.’
Tomic also claimed that he was ‘bored’ by the sport. 
A much older and wiser Tomic said he regretted a lot of the ‘dumb s***’ he said to media admitting it was something ‘a kid would say’.
Tomic wishes he could turn back the clock and redo the moment he gloated about his millions of dollars after crashing out of the 2018 Australian Open qualifiers (pictured, Tomic with former partner Vanessa Sierra)
Tomic also laughed off the moment he held his racket backwards on a match point to receive serve from Italy’s Fabio Fognini during the Madrid Open in Spain in 2016 (pictured, Tomic at Australian Open at Melbourne in February 2021)
‘I’d just lost and the media were like what are you up to now, where are you off to – and I’m like ‘I’m off to the locker room, what do you mean’,’ he said.
‘I said the wrong thing for sure. That’s something a kid would say.’
Tomic also laughed off the moment he held his racket backwards on a match point to receive serve from Italy’s Fabio Fognini during the Madrid Open in Spain in 2016.
Ge was behind 6-2, 5-4 and 40-0 against the Italian when he held the racket by its strings, with the handle facing outwards.
‘I don’t care about that match point – would you care if you were 23 and worth over $10 million,’ he told reporters following the stunt.
Tomic now claims that he was distracted by the fame and money that came with his sporting prowess from a young age.
He was the youngest tennis player to compete at Wimbledon after becoming a quarterfinalist at the age of 18. 
Tomic seriously considered calling it quits on the sport a year ago before his passion and ‘fire’ for the sport was restarted after winning three qualifying rounds for the 2021 Australian Open
Tomic seriously considered calling it quits on the sport a year ago before his passion and ‘fire’ for the sport was restarted after winning three qualifying rounds for the 2021 Australian Open.
Since then he has vowed to make a comeback and climb back to the Top 10 world rankings within the next five years.
He said he will document his progress on Instagram with the tennis player already made several posts on his journey back to the top.
‘The comeback is always stronger than the setback,’ he wrote in one post. 
Published by Associated Newspapers Ltd
Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group

source

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here